The diversity and multiplicity of the environment in which they have to operate has created significant constraints for Oil and Gas companies when it comes to designing their IT operations. OpenText Exceed onDemand provides them with a reliable Enterprise managed access infrastructure to deploy their business line applications and enable their workforce to operate with optimum productivity regardless of location and with minimal disruption even in challenging conditions.
Remote Workforce Challenges: the last mile problem
According to analysts, the number of mobile workers in the world has reached 1.2 billion by the end of 2010. Besides mobile workers, most companies operate on a global level and employ people in multiple locations. The globalization of the workforce and its ever increasing mobility has caused new challenges for organizations, particularly in the area of deploying line of business applications to these remote workers:
- How to offer a productive and reliable user experience to those workers, without duplicating application centers which will inevitably increase costs?
- How to control, police, and support users that are accessing Enterprise resources from a hotel in the next state or from a country thousands of kilometers away?
- How to minimize business disruption in case of failure or disaster?
Exceed onDemand: delivering applications across borders
OpenText Exceed onDemand is the Enterprise solution for dependable managed application access. It allows organizations to securely and reliably deliver the most complex line of business applications to thousands of Enterprise users regardless of their location.
Every day millions of Enterprise users depend on Exceed technologies to power their business applications. Backed by 25 years of experience and a team of industry solution experts, OpenText Exceed onDemand is what organizations count on for faster time-to-market, compliance with corporate policies and government regulations while reducing operational costs.
Exceed onDemand has been designed specifically for Enterprises with global workforce operations. Not only can it help organizations successfully solve the challenges of delivering business line applications to any location, but it also helps these organizations control their costs and maintain strong security at the same time:
- Deploy business line applications to any location across any network
- Implement, enforce and monitor remote access policies for compliance and security
- Provision new users and deploy applications in a matter of minutes
- Support and train remote users
- Provide premium user experience on WANs to facilitate adoption and increase productivity
- Reduce downtime caused by network or power failures while safeguarding work in progress
- Consolidate application centers and reduce management and energy costs
Exceed onDemand Remote Workforce Value Chain