For the past 30 years, the EDA industry has taken the process of designing and producing integrated circuits from old-fashioned hand drawings to a fully automated design workflow as we know it today, which can accurately predict the scientific and economic outcome of a project. Therefore, it is critically important to ensure that engineers obtain the most efficient and ubiquitous access to those EDA solutions.
EDA application delivery challenges
As they keep striving for reduced time-to-market, better economical and technical predictability of design projects, as well as more aggressive manufacturing constraints, electronics and semiconductors companies have to find ways keep pushing their engineering team to be more productive and operate on a global level.
Too many organizations however have been solely focused on the choice of their EDA suite, with little or no consideration on how these suites will be delivered to their users. As a result, a number of inadequate and inefficient access mechanisms have emerged, plagued with problems that affect the quality and speed of the design flow:
- Problems in screen drawing quality leading to mistakes and errors during the design and verification stage
- Poor user experience over global networks penalizing users that are not close to the EDA application center
- Lack of a true Enterprise architecture and scalability resulting in performance, productivity and security issues
Exceed VA Solutions: helping global engineering teams get the most of their EDA environment
OpenText Exceed VA products are the Enterprise solutions for dependable managed application access.They allow organizations to securely and reliably deliver the most complex line of business applications to thousands of Enterprise users regardless of their location.
Every day millions of Enterprise users depend on Exceed technologies to power their business applications. Backed by 25 years of experience and a team of industry solution experts, OpenText Exceed VA solutions are what organizations count on for faster time-to-market, compliance with corporate policies and government regulations while reducing operational costs.
Throughouttheir history Exceed VA Solutions have been largely influenced bymajor electronics and semiconductors organizations in the world, as well as the largest EDA vendors, resulting in solutions that not only satisfies the most stringent criteria when supporting engineers as they access their EDA environment but they also provide significant additional business value to their enterprise:
- High-performance EDA solution display regardless of location or network conditions
- Support for the most complex 3D environments
- High-quality screen rendering providing engineers with accurate view of the design
- Collaborative features to enable cross-departments cross-geographies teamwork
- Engineers productivity boost by protecting against unexpected failures, reducing user's downtime and allowing for more flexible control over time-consuming tasks such as simulation
- Reduction in infrastructure costs through significantly smaller bandwidth requirements and ability to consolidate application servers in a single location
Exceed VA solutions EDA application delivery value chain