3D modelization and visualization are the key to increased success and efficiency in various areas, and are of tremendous value to the oil and gas industry. For this reason, it remains critically important for exploration and production operations to be empowered with the ability to access and display high-end 3D business line applications. OpenText Exceed onDemand is that solution.
3D modelization and visualization challenges
If the first decade of the 21st century was about the web and networks, the second is turning out to be the decade of 3D. Understanding the many benefits, a growing number of applications are integrating 3D as a major component of their workflow to help knowledge workers modelize and visualize extremely complex designs or datasets.
New challenges however are starting to emerge as a growing number of organizations adopt those new 3D-enabled technologies:
- With many companies already struggling to distribute 2D applications to their users, which solution will allow them to do the same with 3D?
- How to substitute vendors' proprietary 3D display technology with one that is integrated into the Enterprise application distribution framework?
- How to make sure that the benefits derived from using 3D enabled applications are not outweighed by the necessary infrastructure investments that these applications will require?
- How to reconcile the technical challenges posed by 3D enabled applications with an increasing global mobile workforce?
Exceed onDemand: improving remote 3D display user experience
OpenText Exceed onDemand is the Enterprise solution for dependable managed application access. It allows organizations to securely and reliably deliver the most complex line of business applications to thousands of Enterprise users regardless of their location.
Every day millions of Enterprise users depend on Exceed technologies to power their business applications. Backed by 25 years of experience and a team of industry solution experts, OpenText Exceed onDemand is what organizations count on for faster time-to-market, compliance with corporate policies and government regulations while reducing operational costs.
With built-in support for displaying complex 3D application Exceed onDemand offers a viable and high performance alternative to expensive high-end 3D workstations or vendor specific proprietary 3D visualization methods. Organizations that adopt Exceed onDemand for 3D purposes will see several benefits in return:
- Accelerate adoption of 3D technologies by offering a premium user experience
- Extend the reach of 3D applications to remote locations
- Minimize costs by letting users access 3D applications from their existing desktops and notebooks
- Deploy 3D enabled application to a broader population of users
- Enforce Enterprise policies by integrating 3D applications into the Enterprise application delivery framework
Exceed onDemand 3D modelization and visualization value chain