Plant management and distribution monitoring are fundamental elements of any Energy and Utility company operations. This is why they spend considerable resources in building a robust IT infrastructure through the combination of off-the-shelf solutions and custom development. OpenText Exceed onDemand will help them virtualize the delivery of this infrastructure to their users, making it more agile, more available and more cost effective.
Infrastructure Management and Monitoring Challenges: criticality at its best
If "business critical" has become industry jargon that refers to anything with importance, infrastructure management and monitoring applications remain the most notable area where this term is not too strong to describe how important these solutions are. Whether they carry people, electricity, oil, gas or anything valuable, these infrastructures are the logistical backbone of our economies. That is why, when it comes to managing and monitoring them, it is critical to overcome some key challenges associated with traditional application display and delivery:
- Infrastructure monitoring and management solutions need to be displayed in real-time with the highest possible quality and user experience regardless of the conditions
- Accessing infrastructure management and monitoring services must be tightly controlled and secured according to industry requirements and companies best practices
- High availability and disaster recovery must be present at all levels, not only within the business solutions themselves, but also for the remote access infrastructure that links them to the workers
Exceed onDemand: real-time reliable access to infrastructure management and monitoring solutions
OpenText Exceed onDemand is the Enterprise solution for dependable managed application access. It allows organizations to securely and reliably deliver the most complex line of business applications to thousands of Enterprise users regardless of their location.
Every day millions of Enterprise users depend on Exceed technologies to power their business applications. Backed by 25 years of experience and a team of industry solution experts, OpenText Exceed onDemand is what organizations count on for faster time-to-market, compliance with corporate policies and government regulations while reducing operational costs.
For many years, Exceed technologies have offered reliable, timely access to infrastructure management and monitoring applications. Used all over the world by organizations that control electricity grids, oil and gas pipelines and public transportation networks. Exceed onDemand introduces a new generation of managed application access and adds several benefits for that purpose:
- Always-on access availability through clustering and load balancing support
- Ability to quickly resume operations in case of disaster
- Ubiquitous access to business applications regardless of location or network condition
- High-speed application display for real-time operations
- Centralized management to secure and control access for the infrastructure management applications
- 24/7 support to ensure continuity of operations
Exceed onDemand Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Value Chain